Monday, April 3, 2017

April Showers bring May Flowers

It is definitely April Showers this week as the weather forecast is looking particularly gloomy- the school run today involved the car and multiple umbrellas!

This week's challenge at H2H is April Showers- and for me it conjures up images of flowers that will be blossoming after the rain.

I pulled out a half-created layout featuring flowers and the retired Penelope Paper Packet. I especially love the combination of stamped and fussy cut images, and so i created a cluster focal point with flowers using this technique. I sponged the centre of the stamped flower with Lagoon ink for extra contrast and stamped the sentiment in Black and Lagoon ink to make the word friend stand out.

Here is the completed layout- notice the subtle floral touches in the paper (yay for Zip Strips) and the triple matting of the photo to make it stand out.



The finishing touches were some washi tape and glitter gems, and now I have a layout showcasing one of my favourite pictures of me and my friend Amy.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing nicer than a afternoon with a friend...love the frames around the photo, so colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!